Senate Democrats Reveal Their Huge $3.5T Budget Plan, Which Includes Universal Pre-K, ‘Environmental Justice,’ And Free College
Senate Democrats have finally revealed their massive $3.5 trillion budget resolution, and boy does it contain a whole lot of socialism. That’s not surprising to any of you folks who have your head on straight instead of buried deep within a super dark, wet, and smelly body cavity.
Senate lawmakers are trying to use this resolution as a means of implementing a number of major pieces from President Biden’s spending agenda, which also includes the American Families Plan and American Jobs Plan, without having to have support from Republicans.
According to some of the estimates, this bill would actually have a price tag around $5.5 trillion.
CBS News reports that Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) told members of his party that “every Senator will have opportunities to shape and influence the final reconciliation bill after adoption of the Budget Resolution.”
“At its core, this legislation is about restoring the middle class in the 21st Century and giving more Americans the opportunity to get there,” he went on to write. “This legislation will provide the largest tax cut for American families in a generation, while making the wealthy pay their fair share. In all phases, we will concentrate on communities that have too often been neglected, including communities of color and Native Americans.”
A list of the budget resolution toplines calls for the creation of new programs related to education, healthcare, environment, and infrastructure.
Here are a few of the notable provisions pointed out by the DW:
- Establishes Universal Pre-K for 3 and 4 year olds and a new child care benefit for working families
- Makes Community College tuition-free for 2 years
- Creates the first ever federal Paid Family and Medical Leave benefit
- Provides Environmental justice and climate resilience
- Electrifies the federal vehicle fleet and buildings
- Historic level of investments in public housing, green and sustainable housing, housing production and affordability
- Establishes the first ever Civilian Climate Corps
- Provides green cards to millions of immigrant workers and families
- Adds a new Dental, Vision, and Hearing Benefit to the Medicare program
- Creates a new federal health program for Americans in the “Medicaid gap”
Democrats are planning on debating the resolution, which will try to use a process known as reconciliation in order to get around the need for a sixty-vote majority in the U.S. Senate, just as soon as the $1.2 trillion infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act gets approved.
That piece of legislation will grant $110 billion for roads and bridges, another $73 billion for electric infrastructure, $66 billion for passenger and freight rail, $65 billion for high-speed internet, and finally, $39 billion for public transit along with other provisions not listed here.
The left is certainly in a hurry to get all of these bits and pieces of socialism put into law, aren’t they? Ugh. As if our economy isn’t damaged enough already, right?