Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan Says Democrat Plot Afoot To Prevent Trump From Running In 2024
Ohio Republican Rep. Jim Jordan has come out and stated that there is a “political operation” currently underway by the Democratic Party committee investigating the Capitol riots that took place last year as a means of trying to stop former President Donald Trump from running again in 2024.
“There’s been subpoenas issued to 11 individuals, 11 American citizens who asked the government permission on an application to hold the Trump rally,” the congressman said.
“The government granted it and now the January 6 committee petitions them to ask them questions about exercising their First Amendment right to assemble,” he continued.
“And why would they subpoena me? I didn’t do anything wrong — I talked to the president,” the Ohio Republican stated. “I talk to the president all the time. I just think that’s — you know where I’m at on this commission — this is all about going after President Trump. That seems obvious.”
Continuing on in his criticism, the congressman said that “everyone in the country sees this as a political operation. This is designed to get after President Trump. Because they don’t want him to run again.”
A top Republican on the House committee that oversees U.S. Capitol security has also accused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of a “cover-up.”
During an interview on John Solomon Reports podcast, Illinois GOP Rep. Rodney Davis said Pelosi is refusing to release key evidence showing the security planning prior to the Jan. 6 riots.
“We know there were intelligence analysis failures at the Capitol Police,” Davis went on to say. “Our job is to protect the Capitol, and they’re making the same bad decisions.”
Capitol Police have made several changes and reforms to the incident at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, but some lawmakers are worried that not enough changes have been made.
Davis accused Pelosi of blocking the release of information — including contemporaneous communications — showing what the Capitol Police and the House Sergeant at Arms discussed as security needs before a planned Jan. 6, 2021, protest by pro-Trump supporters that eventually spiraled out of control.
“They will not comply and give that info to us,” Davis said when speaking to Just the News.
“At a time when the Speaker through this sham Select Committee is asking and getting voluntarily thousands of communications from people who are no longer employed by the government, she is denying that committee of jurisdiction access to government communications. What is she hiding?” he then asked.
“All we ever asked for is we want communications leading up to and on Jan. 6, we want to be preserved, we want to be turned over to us, because my job, my job is to make sure that the Capitol is secure. And it’s laughable to think that that’s not germane to making sure that we don’t make those same mistakes again,” he stated.
“I fully expect to be chairman when we take the majority. And I guarantee you, we will get these communications,” he remarked. “But by then, it’s two years past the time when the American people should have seen what did, or in many cases, did not happen to prepare our cops and our security apparatus prior to January 6.”
The Illinois Republican has sent out a formal request asking that the withheld memos that concern the security lapses before and during the Capitol riots be handed over.