A brand new TIPP poll was released on Tuesday and it revealed that 44 percent of Americans now believe that the coronavirus was created in a Chinese laboratory, with more than half of that particular number thinking the illness was purposely released from the lab.
According to the results, 54 percent of those who believe this is a human-made virus think it was intentionally released out into the world, while 32 percent believe it was an accident. A total of 14 percent were not sure how it might have gotten out of the lab.
When folks were asked about how the virus might have come about, 22 percent thought it came directly from animals, while 11 percent believed it was a naturally occurring illness, while 8 percent believe it came about due to human living habits. A total of 16 percent had no clue how it came about.
Not surprisingly, the TIPP poll found a difference in results based on the party to which respondents said they belonged.
- 63% believe it was developed in a lab.
- 12% think it came from animals.
- 8% think it’s a naturally occurring virus.
- 6% think the virus came to be as a result of human living habits.
- 12% were unsure about its origins.
- 32% believe it was developed in a lab.
- 30% think it came from animals.
- 13% think it’s a naturally occurring virus.
- 11% think the virus came to be as a result of human living habits.
- 14% were unsure about its origins.
Just last week, President Joe Biden gave U.S. intelligence agencies the go-ahead to launch an investigation into the theory that the virus came from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
This move comes right after a report by CNN revealed that Biden’s administration had shut down an investigation launched by former President Donald Trump’s Justice Department that was looking into whether or not this virus came from a Chinese lab.