New Report Reveals US Rejected Offer To Control Kabul During Evacuation, Handed City Over To Taliban

According to brand new reports coming out today, the United States allegedly rejected an over from the Taliban to take control of the city of Kabul while evacuating thousands of citizens, personnel, and green card-holders, along with others.

Reports say that the Taliban actually offered to let the U.S. take control of the city of Kabul, while the terrorist organization would remain outside, waiting on President Joe Biden’s withdrawal deadline of Aug. 31.

The U.S. said no to the offer, handing the city of Kabul over to the terror organization while keeping control of Hamid Karzai International Airport, according to The Washington Post.

As the members of the terror group gathered around the city back in the middle part of August, then-Afghan President Ashraf Ghani secretly high-tailed out of Kabul, leaving members of his cabinet and government behind and surprising both Afghan and American officials. In the absence of the president, the governance of the city collapsed.

The United States and the Taliban then entered face-to-face negotiations about the future of the city, which is highly unusual.

Via The Post:

In a hastily arranged in-person meeting, senior U.S. military leaders in Doha — including McKenzie, the commander of U.S. Central Command — spoke with Abdul Ghani Baradar, head of the Taliban’s political wing.

“We have a problem,” Baradar went on to say, according to the U.S. official. “We have two options to deal with it: You [the United States military] take responsibility for securing Kabul or you have to allow us to do it.”

Throughout the day, Biden had remained resolute in his decision to withdraw all American troops from Afghanistan. The collapse of the Afghan government hadn’t changed his mind.

McKenzie, aware of those orders, told Baradar that the U.S. mission was only to evacuate American citizens, Afghan allies and others at risk. The United States, he told Baradar, needed the airport to do that.

On the spot, an understanding was reached, according to two other U.S. officials: The United States could have the airport until Aug. 31. But the Taliban would control the city.

The Taliban were then left in charge of policing Kabul. During that time, last week, a terrorist organization affiliated with the Islamic State, ISIS-K, launched an attack on one of the main gates of the city’s international airport, the Abbey Gate.

One of the assaults on the area was a suicide bomber who detonated in the middle of a large group of people who trying to access the gate. Others got into a gun fight with troops.

“Thirteen U.S. service members were killed in the attack along with dozens of Afghan civilians. In response, the U.S. conducted two strikes against purported ISIS-K targets. The first strike took out a planner for the group. The second strike killed 10 Afghan civilians, including children, all from one family, according to a relative,” the Daily Wire reported.